Serve with 2 cups leafy green salad with 1 tbsp Epicure dressing.
1 tbsp oil
1⁄2 lb (225 g) lean ground beef
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) unsalted diced tomatoes
4 cups prepared broth, your choice
2 bell peppers
5 oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 cups baby spinach
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper , to taste
Toppings (optional): grated mozzarella, olive oil
- Heat oil in Wok over medium-high heat. Crumble in beef; add seasoning. Cook, breaking up the meat using the Ground Meat Separator until meat is cooked through, 2 min.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and broth. Partially cover and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, chop peppers, then add to wok.
- Once mixture boils, coarsely break in lasagna noodles. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until noodles are tender, about 8 min. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach until wilted. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, ladle into bowls. Top with cheese and a drizzle of oil, if desired.
Boost flavour and add chopped sundried tomatoes, anchovies or chili peppers when soup simmers. Bulk it up with more veggies – try broccoli, green peas or your favourite frozen mixed veggies.
Go vegetarian and replace beef with 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) lentils, drained and rinsed.